Saffron Walden Golf Club welcomes visiting Societies and Corporate events on weekdays throughout the year.
Although many of our societies visit year after year, we are always delighted to welcome new groups. The warm and hospitable atmosphere, coupled with our wonderful course, makes it a simply perfect venue for your society day.
Buggies are booked through our Professional Shop, so please give them a call on 01799 527728 to arrange this.
If you would like to discuss anything further, or you wish to make a booking, please contact the General Office on 01799 522786 Extn.2.
If you would like to book visitors tee times these can be booked up to seven days in advance by calling the Professionals Shop on 01799 527728.
Click here to download a guide to playing golf in the coronavirus.
Please note we do not charge VAT on any green fees
In order to try and maintain standards on the course and within the clubhouse, we ask that the following dress code is followed. This policy is in line with many members clubs in the area, and therefore all members, guests and visitors are required to adhere to the dress code during your visit.
On the Course
REGULATIONS APPLICABLE TO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN MEMBERS AND ALL VISITORS
- Collared golf shirts roll necks or mock necks
- Accredited golf outer garments
- Smart shorts/skirts (no beach or football style shorts)
- Sports socks must be worn
- Trousers must not be tucked into socks
- Golf shoes must be worn by all players on the course
- No denim shorts or trousers
IN THE CLUBHOUSE
- Smart Casual
- Trousers, smart jeans and shorts/skirts. (no beach or football style shorts)
- Leisure and deck shoes and open toe footwear are permitted in the main bar area (socks optional)
- Golf Shoes are not permitted in the bar or dining areas
- Football or Rugby shirts, working overalls, and hats/caps and track suits
- Golf Shoes are not permitted in the dining room area of the clubhouse at any time.
- Frayed or ripped jeans are not considered to be Smart Casual.
- Mobile Phones: Should always be set to silent. Voice calls are not permitted on the course, in the lounge, bar or dining room, except in a medical emergency. Calls made on the patio should be made taking into consideration other members on the patio and golfers playing on the 18th Hole.
Please note that if you are not properly attired you may be asked to leave the clubhouse or course by a member of staff or a club official.