With week 3 of the Get Into Golf Programme this week we have moved from irons to woods & drivers! The 30 golfers taking part in the programme are doing fantastic and it’s great to see so many surprised and happy faces when the shots come out at the range! Most of the golfers within the programme have played par 3 courses before or have dabbled at the range. From the programme we will continue to work through the different parts of golf, next week we will be moving onto bunkers, followed by pitching, chipping, putting and finalising at Chesterford Par 3 course.
If your interested in taking part in our next 7 weeks over the Summer, please contact the Pro's by clicking here.
The programme runs on weekends over term times and is buillt around weekly lessons to get children learning the different parts of golf. There will be 12 spaces in each group and spaces must be booked in advance. The groups are worked on ability of golf & age, with PGA Proffesionals running the programme, your child will learn the best ways to improve their golf.
Please see the Academy poster attached for the next programme block! Click Here.
- A Junior Academy Footjoy Shirt is now available for the cost of just £25! (Must be ordered in advance)
- During school holidays, Junior camps will be run for all levels, competition days at the par 3 course!
After completing the progress ladder during the weekend programme, we would like to welcome you for Junior Membership!
- Half price range balls, bar & restaurant discount as a Junior member.
- A chance to play for the Junior Squad & Development team and to represent the club in matches.
- Crash courses during the Junior Squad & Development sessions on keeping fit for golf.
- Away trips to other Golf Club & coaching days out.
We have been lucky enough to keep our great relationship with Chesterford Research Park's Par 3 Course for 2021. The private course is open to our members & lessons!
To play the course, you just need to make sure you book no later than 24hrs in advance, giving Sarah, from the Saffron Walden Golf Club Pro Shop Team, the date and time you would like to play. Play costs £5pp for your round of golf on that day.
On arrival, your name will be registered with the security gates of the park, this is why booking is essential. Please make sure you follow covid rules whilst at the course.
- The course has 7 challenging holes.
- All the holes are around 100-150 yards.
- Please make sure you fill in divots, repair pitchmarks and take care of the course as you play.
- It's open to members of SWGC & anybody who is having lessons with Professionals of SWGC.
- Please do not just turn up, the research park won't grant you access.
- All payments must be made in cash to SWGC Pro Shop before your round.